- Click anywhere on the chart.
- On the Chart Tools Layout tab, click the Chart Title button in the Labels group.
A list of options appears:
- None: This choice means you don’t want to display a title. Also use this option to remove a chart title you don’t want.
- Centered Overlay Title: Centers the title over the chart but retains the existing size of the chart.
- Above Chart: Centers the title over the chart but adds room at the top so the title doesn’t interfere with the chart itself.
Make a selection from the Chart Title drop-down list.
- Double-click the new text box that says “Chart Title” and drag across the words Chart Title.
- The words become highlighted.
- Type the desired title.
- Color code the title text to coordinate with data series. In this example change Antibiotic text to blue and Anti-Influenza text to red.
- Delete the legend. Click on the legend in the chart and press the DEL key.